Saturday, January 1, 2011

Unfamiliar Path

6 months of chronic pain - January - June
4 months of heavy pain meds - May, June, July, Aug/Dec
2 major surgeries - total hip replacements - July 7, 2010 & December 14, 2010
1 Doctorate of Ministry - May 9, 2010
1 father passed away - January 19,2010

At the end of 2010 I find myself on a very unfamiliar path of my journey. Spiritual disciplines that I have known and practiced seem out of reach, but I trust "the process." I trust that Spirit is present.
. . . "through the heartfelt mercies of my God
God's Sunrise will break in upon me;
shining on those in darkness
those sitting in the shadows of death,
then showing me the way, one foot at a time,
down the path of peace" Luke 1.78-79 msg

She is guiding me, one foot at a time, down the path of peace. I trust that this unfamiliar path over time, will draw me closer to the Heart of God.

No comments: