Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I am inspired by others

"A true fellowship is a group of believers who by simply being together spur each other on to greater transformation." E.Stanley Jones.

I know that I have killed this quote hundreds of times, but the truth of this paraphrased explanation of fellowship rings so true in my life. I am inspired by those I rub shoulders with.

I am inspired by my friend, who is committed to having difficult conversations this year. She is no longer going to quietly/secretly disagree, but when appropriate she will lovingly share her perception/beliefs/views. I have had some hard conversations with individuals, because I was inspired by this friend.

I am inspired by another friend, who is purusing her dream. She made a vision poster of who she wants to become and where she wants to be professionally. Her courage, her vision, her hardwork and inspires me to pursue some creative outlets that I have set aside.

I am inspired by another friend, who is consistently puts family as the first priority in his life. Even though life is full of work, school, ministry, etc., his family is priority. I am a better wife and mom, just because I rub shoulders with this guy.

I am inspired by another friend, who is choses to see the best in everyone, because he recognizes the "image of God" in each person he encounters and celebrates that uniqueness. I am a better Jesus follower, just because I am in the presence of this person.

Today, I thank God for these friends and the other many other friends that touch and inspire me to grow closer to God.

No comments: