Monday, December 8, 2008

Great Weekend

My kids saw Amanda their babysitter three nites last week. That's pretty hectic for home bodies like us. It was all good stuff but still busy.

Friday we had a staff/elder Christmas party. I laughed so much that my body hurt when I left the party. We were asked to bring a "marriage enhancement" gift. It got pretty interesting!

Saturday morning the kids and I played in the snow with Jake, then ventured back into the woods behind the pond. It was freezing cold but a lot of fun. We went to the Dalhem nature center, saw Trixies the Turtle. She's our favorite. She rolls over, stays and runs! We picked out our Christmas tree at Gwinn farm, then came home to decorate it. Chelsea my neice who attends Spring Arbor came over and decorated the tree with us and ate a home cooked meal before heading back to SAU to study for finals.

Randy hung all my bird feeders just outside the kitchen window. At one time I counted 7 male cardinals along with some females, 3 bluejays, a tuffed titmouse, a black junco, and a red-bellied woodpecker. I just love to watch the birds come and go. Beyond the bird feeders it is not uncommon to see the deer. Friday morning, I counted nine deer in the yard.

On the weekends the kids like to sleep together. Which means they go to bed extra early so that they can play longer. Using every blanket they could find, they built a fort in Jeff's bunk bed, then fell asleep with their flashlights on!

We all watched a movie on Sunday night. And I finished my paper and emailed it to Sister Joann. Still have lots of reading and studying to do, but it will come.

Sometimes I almost feel guilty I am so blessed. I can't even begin to count the "good things" I enjoy. I don't think God wants me to feel guilty, just grateful and loved.

It was a great weekend!

No comments: