Thursday, December 18, 2008

Play time







Wednesday morning when I got up there were 3-4 inches of powdery snow. Normally I'm only outside for only a few minutes with the dog, but this morning we walked down the middle of the snow covered road.
It was beautiful, it was deeply silent, it was lonely, it was holy.

. . . fast track 15 hours ahead - it's 7:00p, it was still dark and cold but beautiful - I'm outside again with the dog and Allie as well. She's taking the dog potty, while I shovel snow. Jeff bursts out the door and takes Allie to the incline off the deck and the kids begin to slide down the hill. No snow pants, just the nylon from their jackets to slide down the hill. . . I'll see if my plants come up in the spring. . . We all came in and had hot chocolate and went to bed by 8:45!

When Allie and I got home this afternoon the first thing Jeff said to Allie was, "quick get your snow pants on and let's play before dinner." They were outside for 45 minutes playing with dog, sledding down this 10-foot little mound, having a great time. I was jealous, I wanted to play but I had to make dinner.

I love that my kids like to play in snow. If you haven't already, get yourself some good winter clothes and get outside. It's good for the soul!

No comments: