Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Directed Silent Retreat

I took my annual silent retreat in mid-April with four companions from the Soul Dig community. It was the first silent retreat for each of my four companions. A directed silent retreat just means that a spiritual director meets with you throughout the four days. Working through the Spirit, she offers scripture, insight, and questions to assist you on your journey.

This was the nosiest silent retreat I have been on! On the grounds of Victory Noll, about 100 retired sisters lived there, along with the active nuns. We ate our meals with them, although we sat apart. I laughed as I limped along side the elderly nuns as we went through the food line. Many were concerned that I – such a young woman – was limping.

The sisters’ prayers covered the entire weekend experience. The nuns’ physical presence spoke loud to me. I truly felt like I was walking on sacred ground.

The following posting are some special scripture, thoughts and photos from my silent retreat.

No comments: