Sunday, January 8, 2012

Reflections on Mary - Luke 1.26-38

I want to be beautiful on the inside and out like Mary.

When I am thoroughly shaken, trembling with fear
I want to be like Mary.

When I have doubts and questions about how things will play out
I want to be like Mary.


When God remind me that nothing is impossible with Him (1.36)
I want to be like Mary and respond,
"Yes, I see it all now, I am ready to serve." (1.38)


When God's plan involves uncertainty and public embarrassment,
I want to be like Mary and respond,
"Let it be with me just as you say." (1.38)


When God's way is unclear and I can't see the trail
I want to be like Mary, confident
"believing what God said, believing that every word will come true." (1.45)


Luke 2.33. . . "this child (this situation) will mark both the failure and recovery of many in this community. . . a figure misunderstood and contradicted -- the pain of a sword thrust through me. But the rejection will force honesty in the community as God reveals who they really are."
Then I will be like Mary.

No comments: