Tuesday, August 19, 2008

New books

Even though it will be tough getting back into the swing of school, my spiritual direction class and schedule, as well as the kids’ fall schedule, I love getting my new books for class. I love to touch my books, read the backs, look over the table of contents and agonize over . . . what do I read first? Obviously the required readings, but what about the recommended? Where do I start? No real answers, just excitement and anticipation of what lies ahead besides the hard work!!

Will & Spirit – Gerald G. May
“a profound discussion of good, evil, fear, love and energy. . . solid food for the mind and heart to savor slowly.”

Touching the holy – Robert J. Wicks
“ordinariness, self-esteem and friendship”

The Friend of the Bridegroom – Thomas H. Green S.J.
“spiritual direction and the encounter with Christ”

Faithful Listening: Discernment in Everyday Life – Joan Mueller
OHH I need this right now in my life

Tending the Holy: Spiritual Direction Across Traditions – Norvene Vest
I LOVE THIS TITLE – maybe I’ll read it next!

A Mystical Portrait of Jesus: New perspectives on John’s Gospel – Demetrius Dumm

Mother Teresa: Essential Writings - Jean Maalouf

Everything Starts from Prayer - Mother Teresa

. . . and I have more books coming

No comments: