Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Real Mommy is in China

This morning Allie got upset because her daddy didn’t say goodbye to her. He actually did however she quickly forgot his hug and kiss as he left the house. She was kinda sad, so I just reaffirmed to her that her daddy loved her very much! And so did her mommy and brother Jeff.

She then looks at me and says, “My real mommy is in China."

I briefly paused and then agreed, “You are right. You have a China mommy, but I am your real mommy now. Your China mommy loved you very much.”
. . Allie was eating breakfast. . . .
I continued, “Maybe your China mommy didn’t have enough food to give to you, or maybe she didn’t have a warm house or bed for you to sleep in. I think that your China mommy loved you very much and wanted you to have those things in your life.”

I walked around the breakfast bar and hugged Allie. A tear rolled down my check as I told her how lucky and blessed her daddy and I were to everyday get a hug and a smile from her. I told her that I loved her. . . and she quickly began to recite the words from one of our favorite books, “I love you best, I love you deep, I love you wide, I love you thissssssssssssssssssssss much!”

What an incredible little girl she is!

No comments: