Thursday, January 22, 2009

These first 2.5 weeks back to school and work have been tough. Randy began to traveling 5 days a week to Toledo to work. Prior to January he worked 3 days in Toledo and 2 days from the house. This change in his work schedule has really impacted me. The first week of the month is always busy, with monthly meetings like

Love Shack – our church’s leadership meeting;
Ganton Center – our kids playing games with elderly folks;
Allie & Jeff’s gymnastics and basketball every Monday @ 4 and 6:30;
I was sick with a nasty cough
I was at the Wharton theater twice to see the ballet Sleeping Beauty (w/the family) and Legally Blond (w/6 of the WWKids leaders)
And in the midst of these first three weeks of school, the kids have missed 3 days of school, we’ve had over 15 inches of snow and attended my spiritual direction weekend class and wrote papers.


Ok, when I look at all this “life” happening it's not to whine (I hate whining). Everybodies life is busy. But being mindful of my own busyiness helps me put things in perspective . . .

I need to give myself some grace and just be thankful that I made it through.
There seems to be a pattern here, like I’m always needing grace. . . duhhh.

The Lord longs to be gracious to you. . . . Lori Ann, his beloved daughter. . . Isaiah 30.18

No comments: