Friday, January 2, 2009

Season for Everything


Ecclesiastes says that there is a season for everything.
This week after Christmas has been a time of rest. I've not gotten up early once and slept in til 7! My body and soul needs this rest and it's important that I take care of myself.
I've watched movies with my husband.
I've taken the dog for walks.
I've played in the kitchen with Allie.
I've played new games - NCAA 09, NBA 09, with Jeff.
I've learned new things on my DS, thanks to Jeff and Allie.
I've exercised and taken naps.
I've had a couple of good cries.
I've drank good wine and ate popcorn (not at the same time!)
I've played in the snow and built a snowman (sorry, I'm not politically correct!)
I've read Mother Teresa and prayed.
I've celebrated our 11th anniversay with dinner and movie.
All is gift. I pray that I will hold loosely to all things, enjoying each precious moment and believing that in difficulties and uncertainty that they will pass and in the midst of it God's gentle Spirit will carry me.

1 comment:

Lisa Gonzales-Barnes said...

I am interested in how you changed the photo into art. Very cool.