Monday, February 9, 2009

I met with my spiritual director the other week. After I shared about the life’s events, how I saw God moving in them, and decisions that I needed to make, we sat quietly a few minutes. Then she looked at me and said, “I sense a deep peace within you.”

I almost burst out laughing hysterically! But out of deep respect and love for this woman, I held back!

On my drive back to Jackson I reflected on our session. I truly believe that God’s Spirit speaks to me through my spiritual director. So it was not Sherie, my spiritual director, who said I had peace, it was God! As I drove I began to be conscious of His peace, I began to rest in His peace, and I began to live the peace spoken to me. WORDS are powerful! My spiritual director spoke words of promise and future into my life.

Since our meeting I have frequently went back to cling to her words, the Spirit’s words for my life. I am at peace. I will live in peace rather than chaos. I choose to be peaceful and bring peace into my daily circumstances (with God’s grace).

I wonder how I would be living out my days, if my spiritual director had said, “You seem really stressed out!” Knowing myself, I imagine that I would be living in that statement.

Let God use you to bless someone. Speak words of truth, promise and hope into corners of darkness.
Let God use you to bless someone. Mother Teresa says a simple smile can change a person.

No comments: