Saturday, March 7, 2009

Grief - II

I know and believe all the right stuff, I have all the hope and confidence in our future with Jesus Christ. . . but I miss Kris.

Her smile, her shuffled feet that I immediately recognized as she walked down the office hallway, her encouragement and joy. The way she touched my kids' lives, bringing pizza and ice cream for dinner and playing Wii games with us. For tucking my kids into bed and doing her famous, "X marks the spot, dot dot dot, comma, comma, comma, question mark. . . "

Grief comes in different ways and at different times. The day of Kris' memorial service I came home and cooked and cleaned for five hours. I have been tired and sad.

My spiritual director asked if I had taken some time off to grieve. If I thought it would help, I would, but it seems that my grief just oozes out at different parts of my day. So I haven't set aside a time to grieve. I just get up early in the morning and cry.

As these moments of grief come I need to embrace it and not ignore the feelings.

I miss my friend, Kris.
I miss both of my friends, Randy and Kris.

No comments: