Tuesday, April 28, 2009

God Takes the Time to Do Everything Right

Isaiah 30:15-18 (The Message)
15-17"Your salvation requires you to turn back to me

and stop your silly efforts to save yourselves.

Your strength will come from settling down
in complete dependence on me—

The very thing you've been unwilling to do.
You've said, 'Nothing doing! We'll rush off on horseback!'
You'll rush off, all right! Just not far enough!
You've said, 'We'll ride off on fast horses!'
Do you think your pursuers ride old nags?
Think again: . . .

18 But God's not finished. He's waiting around to be gracious to you.
He's gathering strength to show mercy to you.
God takes the time to do everything right—everything.
Those who wait around for him are the lucky ones.


Lori Ann –When you’re stressed you often fall back into old patterns of self-reliance. You insist that you can do everything yourself – work, school, family, housework, meals, etc. Not only is that way of thinking prideful and arrogant, it fills me with sadness.

Just relax and trust me! I love to help you. Let me hold you in my arms, like the Good Shepherd does for his little lambs. Me, you know me. I’m your father. I love you more than anyone else. I take care of you every day and I promise to provide everything you need for today and the next 2 weeks. You lack for nothing!

You have a choice. You can be stressed out and bring that anxious presence into your daily circumstances and relationships OR you can wait for me, settle down and let me provide for you. I’m not going to lie to you. Most likely you will get all your work done either way you chose – My way or your way. The difference will be our relationship at the end of these 2 weeks. Will you have grown closer to me or pulled away from me?

Just like the daddy in Mark 9, “I believe, help my unbelief.” Help me choose You.

1 comment:

Amy Auel said...

Oh Lori, you do not know how much I needed to read that! I'm thanking God right now for putting people like you into my life. Thank you for pouring into me and into others.