Saturday, April 11, 2009

Holy Saturday

HOLY SATURDAY
Question of the day: How does one embrace the time of waiting before resurrection?

To be a Christian means to be an optimist because we know what happened on the third day. We know that it worked, that Jesus' leap of faith was not in vain. His trust was not in vain, and the Father raised him up.


He trusted enough to outstare the darkness, to outstare the void, to wait upon the resurrection of the third day, not to try to create his own but to wait upon the resurrection of God.


Good Friday inevitably comes into every life. So does Holy Saturday. What is given to God is always returned transformed. That is the eternal third day that we forever await.

LT: I find it so encouraging for my soul to know that Jesus was completely human. And even though he was completely God, Jesus still had to trust his Father. It wasn't "oh I'm God's son, I got it all figured it."


The relationship between Father and Son is real. It involves trust, love, submission, "My Father, what do you want?" (Matt. 26.39) - isn't that the same question Jesus asked the bling guy, Bartimaeous "what do you want?" And in Matt. 26.42 Jesus says "I'm ready. Do it your way."

Jesus' leap of faith strengthens and encourages me in my journey.

(Daily mediations from Richard Rohr - CAC) Wish to sign up for CAC's email lists yourself? Subscribe to CAC email listsCopyright © 2009 Center for Action and ContemplationPO Box 12464, Albuquerque, NM 87195-2464 (505)242-9588



No comments: