Sunday, July 26, 2009

Time works it out

Lately I've been noticing that time takes care of most of my concerns. One day I am so concerned about this or that thing that needs to be done. My natural personality is driven to "fix" it, take action, make it right (I think I have less anxiety if I am doing something) but I'm learning that when I put things into perspective they have a way of working themselves out. I know that may not sound spiritual, but I've begun to recognize the Spirit's presence and work in these situations.

I believe that God requires a response from me. He gives and I have to receive and/or act upon what he has given. But lately receiving and acting feels more like a space of waiting and anticipation. . .

My strength will come from settling down in complete dependence on Him. . . God is not finished. He's waiting around to be gracious to me. He's gathering strength to show mercy to me. God takes the time to do everything right --- EVERYTHING (Did you get that point, Lori Ann? I do everything in right in my time. You have everything you need to be and become the woman I created you to be. You have everything you need to be wwKids' journey designer.) Those who wait around for God are the lucky ones.

Thanks Father for reminding me of what I have - EVERYTHING. I lack for nothing!

No comments: