Thursday, January 28, 2010

Learning to live generously

At the end of 2009 Westwinds Church still needed $4,000 to finish the year in the black.

Obviously there was nothing that my kids “needed” nor “wanted” since we had just had 3 family Christmas celebrations. So I mentioned the church’s need to the kids and then suggested that they give all of their allowance for that week to help the church.

I reminded them of the reason they received an allowance. The idea that Mom and Dad are blessed and we want to bless them so that they can also learn to bless other. I was pleasantly surprised when they both agreed.

We took their money and added what my husband and I were giving and drove over to the church. Jeff addressed the envelope and then figured out what percentage we were giving towards the total amount. It is a good morning.

No comments: