Thursday, June 14, 2012

Being Present

Restless.

I want to be somewhere else. Settled. Knowing. Plans. Schedule.
But that is not where I am at.

We - meaning I - have this distorted idea that arriving at our destination is "it" or accomplishing our goal is the end. But actually it is the process, the journey and what takes place during that time that shapes and transforms us.

People often ask, "where do you want to be in life?" Most of the time we think out into the future and name some goal. What if we simply answered, "I want to be where I am at."

Today my prayer is to be present. (Isn't that my prayer everyday?)
Be aware -
To love and be present with my kids
To notice the beautiful leaf Allie shows me
To stop and investigate a new catepillar on my plant
I am where God wants me to be. I want to receive and enjoy His blessing and not wish for something else.

Allie just got up and is sitting on my lap. I'm going to enjoy some moments with my daughter.

No comments: