Friday, June 8, 2012

Parenthood is a Sacred Path

Daily life is God's curriculum to draw me closer to Him. Nothing is a surprise to Him. Everything has the potential to bring me closer to Him, if I allow it.

Sometimes as inexperienced parents we feel that our new mom and dad responsibilities distract us from our relationship with God. Yes, our relationship dynamics change but our children are not "distractions" from God. Parenting is a sacred path. It is a spiritual discipline.

If you are feeling guilty or anxious that you haven't _____________ (fill in the blank - read your Bible, prayed, etc.) remember that our daily life is God's curriculum. It's the lessons He has planned/allowed to teach you what you need.

My spiritual life has and continues to be completely transformed because of my kids. If I allow God to use them, I learn lesson every day from them.

       If you listen to God, you open your heart.
       If you don't listen to God, you close your heart.
       Open your heart.
                         Allie's quote (age 8)

Parenthood is an invitation to holiness.

How is God using your kids to draw you closer to Him?

No comments: