Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Eucharist - I am the Bread of Life

With a small satellite group at Westwinds we've been exploring the different ways the Eucharist is expressed and experienced by individuals. In some ways I'm kinda envious about how passionate some of my Catholic friends are about taking communion or the Eucharist.

"A Mystical Portrait of Jesus" by Dememtrius Dumm has some wonderful insight into the Eucharist, particularly for a protestant girl like myself.

I am the living water
I am the bread of life
I am the light of the world
I am the Good Shepherd
I am the Son of God
I am who I am
do this in remembrance of me
remember my deep, abiding love for you
as the Father and I are one, I long to be with you

bread and wine
sustains me
flows through me
satifisfies me
nourishes me
gives me - life-energy

physically spirituality
JESUS




No comments: