Monday, June 8, 2009

Our Presence is a Gift

For some reason Fusion was exceptionally moving for me yesterday. One song spoke of God’s unfailing love and another song spoke about God making all things work together for our good, and how joy comes in the morning.

As those lyrics saturated my soul, I glanced throughout the auditorium looking at individuals’ faces. I was so moved. I saw a person whose family is facing serious health issues and her face radiated joy as she sang these words. There is hope in this world and beyond. We do not see everything.

Whenever someone says that they don’t need the church to be Christian/follower of Jesus, I can only imagine that they have a very shallow understanding of what happens in a community of believers. Our very presence is a gift to others. We need each other.

I love my church. I love what the Spirit is doing and how she is transforming me to shadow God more effectively.

No comments: