Thursday, August 6, 2009

I am loved

This blog is not my journal/diary. I share parts of my life and spiritual journey only in hopes that it might encourage or challenge someone else on their journey with Jesus.

I want to be silent because I know that it is valuable to my soul and well being, but I'm not very good at it. The Spirit is so gracious and keeps on gently teaching and leading me. She draws and invites me to walk closer with Her. I am loved.

Fall is a huge time in the seasons of Westwinds and this fall in particular. I have two new part-time helpers, a new experience studio launching, new, new, etc. You get the idea. As a type A personality, when faced with lots of work/tasks I tend to get focused and do, and do, and do, and do. You get the idea - I do, rather than be.

My "slide" into doing is seldom intentional. It's just that when I'm under pressure I revert back to my old habits of doing/rather than being. My old habits include not exercising for 10 days becuz of a busy schedule and my back is hurting. So when I don't exercise I don't eat well and all of a sudden I've gained 2-4 pounds. My daily (physical) routine impacts my spiritual and emotional well-being.

Crap. One thing is out of balance and it leads to another area that gets out of wack. Everything I do is connected. Connected to each other and to my spirituality - my life with Spirit.

I am thankful that Spirit gently brings me around and faces me back towards the Father. Soooo. . .this week I'm back exercising. I'm feeling better, eating better and listening better to Spirit. I hear the owls outside, I see God's creative wonderous work, most importantly I hear and recognize the Spirit's promptings.

No comments: