Friday, February 5, 2010

Learning to live generously

Both kids have been buying their school lunches and while that has been convenient it’s not the most cost effective way to eat lunches. During Christmas break the kids and I talked about how much it cost to buy lunches every day. Jeff did the math - $2.35, 20 days, multiplied by 2 kids. We decided to only buy 20 lunches a month between the 2 kids, the other 20 lunches would be packed. Jeff went through the January menu with Allie and together they decided which lunches they were buy and pack. Then Jeff made up a chart for me, so I could easily see what days and which kid I needed to pack lunches.

We’re all feeling good about this decision. The kids like carrying their lunches, I like knowing what they are eating and we’re happy that we’re saving money.

"You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion." 2 Corinthians 9.11a

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed of His blog, very interesting.
hug from Brazil!