Sunday, February 21, 2010

Living Generously

I wonder what will come of these conversations about faith and money with my kids. Like most of life,lessons are not learned the first time they are “introduced.” Our kids did not speak back to us the first time we spoke to them, yet we continued to talk to them and at the right time, they began to babble back something that appeared to be the beginning of language.

So I take heart and believe that the more conversations, the more experiences of giving, the more I demonstrate and live out what it means to have a generous heart, the more likely my kids will also follow down a similar path.

That's what my parents did. They lived, loved and gave generously.

II Corinthians 9.11 "You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion."

No comments: