Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Teach me to pray

Luke 11.1 One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples spoke to him. "Lord," he said, "teach us to pray. . ."

I like how one of the disciples ask Jesus to teach them to pray. While it is not explicit in the scripture I can imagine that the disciples must have seen Jesus on numerous occasions go off to a certain place and pray. I wonder if the disciples sensed a difference in Jesus after he returned from praying, perhaps a sense of peace or focus. I wonder if this is why the disciple asked Jesus to teach them to pray. Whatever the reason I love the disciple’s humbleness, his desire to be taught and lead, he desire to learn the ways Jesus was practicing.

Teach me to pray, Jesus.

March 27, 2010 at Westwinds Church we will be hosting a prayer seminar.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I came across our blog as i was searching for other Christian blog to follow. I can see your heart of prayer through your words. I want to ask you to please keep our ministry in your prayers. We are running an orphanage back in India and conduct outreachs to women. Blessings! -Colleen Maamidi

Anonymous said...

hi lori

i would like to share my thoughts on spirituality with u but i want to know that whether u follow the comments on ur blog or not. If yes the reply through ur blog or comments. And my way of thinking is that spirituality is not connected to any religion. Whether one can be spiritual only if he/she believes in god. Believe me, i have a lot of thing s to share on spirituality.


Beast

lori tate said...

Yea, I follow the comments. I do believe that all humans are spiritual at some level.