Sunday, June 8, 2008

Life: God's Curriculum

While at grad school, I majored in joy. Please don't misunderstand, I was in no ways a joyful person, but I took almost every class that was taught by Dr. Donald Joy. So I figured I majored in JOY. I can't begin to describe the numerous ways Dr. Joy and his teachings influenced my life . . .

Life is God's curriculum. It's the way He invites me to become like Him. It's in the everyday situations, the ordinary circumstances, the struggles and challenges. It's through my relationships with others that I am shaped and transformed -- when I let go of my ego and receive His love and grace.

All of that to say, life circumstances has changed - again!! Yesterday we surprised the kids and added another member to our family - of the 4-legged variety. We now have an 8-week-old Golden Retriver puppy, named him Jake. . . . so I'm already anticipating (and a bit anxious) to see how I will be "formed" through this latest adventure.

No comments: