Thursday, June 5, 2008

Rule of Life 3.2

My personal mission statement (a Stephen Covey thing of the 80/90's) has evolved into my Rule of Life. These are the things that help guide me through everyday life.

Rule of Life – 3.2
Move beyond my own pain and fears to grow as a follower of Jesus, a wife, a mom, a sister, a friend, a leader, a woman living on the earth

Journey towards becoming a restful, captivating woman (Examples in my life Dr. Joy, Margaret Bridges, Valeria Goddard, D’Arcy Maher, “Captivating Book” by John and Staci Eldridge)

Love and honor my husband, children, parents and family

Make space and time for God to speak

Listen for the voice of God in other people and trust that He is working in their lives

Learn to “sit with others”, listen, do not need to fix or solve a problem. It’s ok to be uncomfortable

Integrate nature into my life as a way of connecting to God

Look for opportunities to be creative – cooking, gardening, writing, photography, parenting

Make relationships a priority over work and ministry

Extend mercy and grace to those I am in contact with

Live and teach a life of thankfulness

Resist comparing myself to others

Resist taking myself too seriously

Dream big and risk more

See and acknowledge God’s presence in all situations and people - All is Gift (St. Francis)

Move towards and live out an integrated life. To lead and minister our of wholeness – physical (exercise, diet, rest), emotional, mental and spiritual

1 comment:

Lisa Gonzales-Barnes said...

Enjoyed reading your rule of life. Thanks for sharing.
Lisa