Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Update on plan

My detox plan got off to a moderately successful start.

Yummy pancakes were made with my son, Jeff instead of my daughter. He's the early riser like me. I did get some things accomplished in the garden that I wanted to but at a slower pace - there's always tomorrow and if not, then that'll be OK too.

The kids and I went to the Dalham nature center. Took a walk, spent some time with the naturalist on site, holding snakes and watching turtles do tricks!! This amazing turtle can "stay", "rollover" and "go". My son was very impressed at what this turtle could learn!

Monday, Allie, my daughter and I had lunch at China House. She loves wonton soup and noodles! She is very intrigued by John, the Chinese owner. Allie is from Tongling, Anhui in central China. (check out http://www.gwca.com/ for adoption info). "Johnnie" as Allie affectionately calls him, speaks to her in Chinese. Later that day we fixed up a space in the basement for the kids to play school or office, then made homemade pizzas - "best dinner ever, Mom!"

Detox:::Yes, I need to continue to say yes to the most important things in my life, but quite honestly I will never be a "sit around" type of person.
Perhaps it's not some much the specific activities rather my approach, my attitude towards them.
Perhaps my sabbath rest is found in little moments throughout my day, but I overlook them if I am innerwardly not aware.
Perhaps I am experiencing God's presence and his grace when I play, laugh and spend time with my kids!!

Everything belongs . . .
thank you gracious, gentle Spirit for teaching me your ways -- Ways that remove the "shoulds" and the guilt leaving me with laughter and joy!


No comments: