Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Life that is full or saturated?

Most days I find that my life is very full. Not overflowing, but still full. I was OK with that description until a friend used the word saturated to describe her schedule. What's the difference between being full or saturated? Whatever word I want to use to describe my busy life, the fact remains that I was leaving little space for the Spirit to work and be spontaneous in my life.

There are some things I am learning about myself in relationship to rest and sabbath. Things that I don't like, but are very important for me to be aware of if I am ever to grow beyond this point in my life.

When I am tired -- physically, emotionally, spiritually -- my "hot buttons" get pushed;
I am less likely to respond to the Spirit's promptings;
I am not a very patient mom to my kids (yuck, I hate to admit that); and
I tend to eat crappy!

So how do you find time to rest when you are a wife, mom of 2 young kids, a pastor, a student, a gardener . . . . I'm still working on it.

Share more later.

1 comment:

Lisa Gonzales-Barnes said...

I know that "saturated" feeling. My recent motto has become "have less, do less."
Lisa
PS. I added your blog link to my blog.