Saturday, September 25, 2010

Meaningful routines

The “fall switch” was turned on and school has started, the leaves have begun to change, the weather has turned cooler (most days). I finished physical therapy and will continue it on my own. September has come and is almost gone. In the midst of this transitional month I too have begun to re-integrate some meaningful routines into my life.

I am getting a solid, restful 6-7 hours of sleep a night.
I am getting up early and enjoying the morning quietness and solitude.
I am taking brief walks with my dog.
I am doing silly things like sitting outside in the middle of the nite, listening for owls, sensing God’s presence.
I am baking and cooking more.

These activities are not just ordinary things that I fill my day with, they are life-giving, soul-sustaining moments that drew me closer to God my Father. As I draw closer to God I find that I am more generous, more gentle, more kind, and more loving towards others.

No comments: