Saturday, September 4, 2010

Things I've missed

This summer has been odd. It seems like plans and schedules were tossed out as my family all focused on my hip replacement surgery and my recovery. I am two months post op and feel great. As I have slowly gotten back into the flow of normal family life, work and routine, I realize all that I have missed.
- the early quiet mornings alone
- seeing the sun rise
- the morning sounds as a new day appears in the eastern sky
- cooking breakfast for the family
- gardening
- baking bread
- shooting photos
- composting
- walking back to the pond with the dog

In the absence of all the things that naturely feed my soul, I've noticed a certain dissatification in my soul, a discontent or restlessness. Sometimes these feelings can be a sign of positive movement, pulling me towards God. But I don't sense that.

Don't get me wrong. I have certainly felt God's presence during these past months. My family and I have been loved and cared for in so many ways. My surgery and healing time has been miraculous. Seriously I feel great, I just need to continue to strength my muscles.

I'm looking forward to this new season. Getting back into a routine with the kids and back into the daily activities that nourish my soul and fellowship with My Father, God; his son Jesus and the Spirit.

No comments: