Monday, September 15, 2008

All is good

Friday and Saturday I spent in Toledo. It is hard to be away from my family, but I feel and hopefully they notice that my time away is valuable for my spiritual well-being.
It was great to be with my cohorts again, and spend time with Sister Joanne. She is replacing Sue my previous leader, who moved out of state.

Several years ago I applied for to an EdD Leadership program at Bowling Green, but was not accepted. That was a very difficult time for me. There have been very few times that I haven't "gotten" the things I was working towards. Looking back I realize that closed door at Bowling Green, lead me to two life-changing experiences - the adoption of Allie and this spiritual formation program.

An EdD would have challenged me intelluctually, but this spiritual formation program has changed my life and more importantly my heart! Not to mention what Allie has brought to our lives.

No comments: