Thursday, September 11, 2008

Picked up several books by Sofia Cavalletti, “The Religious Potential of the Child” and “Living Liturgy.”

She is the founder of the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, a method of religious formation based on the educational model of Maria Montessori. The Catechesis builds on the capacity for faith already in each child, using the scriptures and liturgy of the church.

I love to read, but I am a very visual learned. Often I need visual examples and conversations to supplement my reading. Fortunately, there is a woman who is doing her internship at my daughter’s Montessori school (
www.Northstarmontessori.com), who has quite a bit of experience using the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd. I need to set up some time to spend with Linda and hear her stories.

I would love to saturate wwKiD's ministry with this approach to our kids. I'm not sure how to do it. It is a MAJOR shift in thinking, but maybe I'm not giving our people enough credit. I think meeting Linda, may be another step in the journey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to hearing more about this... I am big fan of Montasorri concepts! Have a great weekend!
Sarah Ansel