Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Seeing God in the Ordinary

. . . it was the best of times; it was the worst of times

ordinary days

Getting hugs from Allie because she knew I was sad
Watching my silly dog chew another toy of Allie’s
Smearing peanut butter in Jeff's hair to get gum out
Seeing our caterpillars become butterflies
Playing “Pretty Pretty Princess” with Grandma Ursula and Jean at the Ganton Care Center
Making our homemade pizzas
Learning that my good friend from EDS just lost her job after 20+ years
Hearing my friend’s fight with cancer has quickly gotten worse
Watching another friend head south for her latest round of cancer treatment
Seeing my husband come home exhausted after a 15 hour work day
Realizing that my parents have gotten old – really old – and need me in a new way

Praying that I will respond to Spirit, as she leads me through these ordinary days of life. Praying that I will respond always with the gentleness and grace of Jesus both to myself and others.
Praying that I be totally present with each person who crosses my path

No comments: