Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"Good News"

In the final week of summer my childcare arrangements crumbled. I had planned to work at home but knew that it wasn't the best for me or the kids. I called my parents and asked if they could help. Unless they have an appointment (meaning a doctor!) they always come.

As I left the house that morning I told Jeff to take care of Grandma & Grandpa. If he went fishing with Grandpa be careful walking back to the pond, etc. After a busy day at work, I asked Mom if there was anyway the kids could go home with them and spend the night with them. She said it would work out fine.

I was hesistant to tell Jeff about the plans, thinking he would not want to spend the time at Mom and Dad's. But when I told Jeff the new plans, he said, "Great. Can I go and tell Allie the good news?" I was filled with joy and graditude that my 9 year old son would be excited to hang out with my 80+ year old parents.

No comments: