Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Life 101

Been a busy and intense couple of days. Nine extra people crashed at our house over Labor Day weekend and then we moved right into the first day of school. New routines & schedules as well as new teachers for the kids.

We have a full plate of new things this fall at the Winds - good stuff but I need to continuously hold "good" things in balance with what is truly essential and best.

We have a new preschool Connection Studio beginning on Sunday (9.13). I am soooo proud of my leaders and the women they are leading. They jumped right in and for months have worked towards launching this new preschool studio that will inspire awe and wonder in our children.

Mom turns 83 on Saturday (9.12) and we will be celebrating her birthday with family. Including this gentleman that has always been a part of my life, yet I've never met. His name is Bill. When he was a teenager, he did some horrible things and consequently spent 44 years in prison. My parents have journeyed with Bill all those years and this past May he was released from prison. I finally get to meet him face-to-face.

Jeff has his first select soccer game this Sunday (9.13).

We have a 4-session parenting class called Nurtured Heart Approach (9.17). So excited to be learning from Greg Gallagher and hanging out with other parents who desire to become better parents.

I am developing and teaching my core leaders the "Same Page" overview for all of wwKids (9.19), then we will begin to offer this core training to everyone who is currently serving and will begin serving in wwKids.

Of everything going on I have to admit that I am most excited about Soul Dig (9.24). I have prepared and will facilitate a 8 month class called Soul Dig. We will meet once a month for 3 hours of centering prayer, lectio divina, art, journaling, etc. It will be highly interactive, yet deeply personal and reflective. I am humbled to be journeying with this group of women. We will end our 7 months together with a 4-day silent retreat in Huntington, Indiana.

Finally the Winds will be adding a mid-week meeting called, The Centre (10.2). This gathering will require weekly childcare arrangements. I'd love to offer a kids' program but I do not have staff or volunteers to do that.

. . . end of October a week's vacation, a trip to the UP fall cottage. It's a sacred place, for me.

The Lord is my shepherd. . . I lack for nothing.

1 comment:

Google_Fu said...

I like the new blog photo, Lori.