Sunday, September 20, 2009

Who's ever 6 loves more!

This is Allie during our last days in China (5/03). She is the fourth one in from the left. It is tradition for each travel group to get a photograph of their daughters on the red couch at the White Swan. As you can see from the photo this is an adult thing, not necessarily embraced by the kids.
Yesterday morning Allie came down at 6a and cuddled in my lap and began the "game," Who is 6 loves more, she says. "No" I reply, "whoever is 46 loves more, besides you're not 6 until Sunday."
Today is Allie's bday. She is soooo excited. We're celebrating her bday with Grandma & Grandpa, and a few friends. I cannot imagine not having her in our life. I cannot imagine life without her smiles, hugs, secrets, "pinky promises".
I cannot imagine what it must be like to not be able to provide the most basic things for your family. To not be able to provide food for your child, or medicine or a warm, safe place to sleep. I cannot imagine even thinking about giving a child away. My heart breaks when I think about Allie's "China Momma" who has never seen her smile or received one of her special "Allie's squeeze your guts out" hug. I pray peace for Allie's "China Momma."

No comments: