Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Pure Gift




Yesterday was pure gift. I woke up with a heavy heart & many things on my mind, but God blessed my day.

My gift was non ending:
baking zucchini muffins
riding bikes with the kids
picnic lunch at the lake
buying .25 cent zucchini
sharing an ice cream flurry - 3 ways
a butterfly that sprung from its cocoon, yet did not make it
napping with my son
painting & fishing

Teaching Jeff to use the "good" knife and cut zucchini to put in the food processor. He got 8 cups from 3 zucchini. I realized that I don't give my kids enough "meaningful" responsibility. Jeff was incredibly excited to do this new task. He was capable and compotent and now each time this winter when I make zucchini muffins, I'll remind Jeff about the day he was such a big help to me.
I felt God's presence with me all day.
What a loving gift from a loving father.

No comments: